Sciatica is typically the impingement (squeezing) of the sciatic nerve, this can be brought on from a herniated disc, sacroiliac joint dysfunction or simply irritation from the piriformis muscle that runs over it. Irritation of the sciatic nerve may produce tingling, numbness or a feeling of weakness most generally through the buttock, hamstring, calves and toes.
Some of the most common symptoms of sciatica are;
- irritation usually on one side
- pain that is increased while sitting
- burning sensation, tingling down the leg
- difficulty in simple movements of the leg
- a deep yet sharp pain that makes even walking painful
- general deep ache when getting out of bed, standing up from a chair
Book Online with Core Therapy today! Our remedial massage therapist will provide you with a thorough case history, assessment and focused treatment to help you address your symptoms.
Welcome & Book Now!